Tom Nimen is a New York City brand developer and graphic designer. He studied art and design at Cooper School of Art in the Midwest and Middle East language and culture at Columbia University. He created and writes the Middle East culture blog, ilikum. Although an artist and designer, he uses a think tank-like formula to guide the design process:
- Conduct research to identify the landscape where brands function.
- Create competitive reviews and trend projections to safeguard against brand parody and enhance brand timeliness.
- Make the design process fun and effective using fact-finding and reporting.
- Engineer portability in all communications for all media venues.
- Uphold teamwork and embed it into the design process.
- Use clear communications and problem solving increase team success.