Tom Nimen is a New York City brand developer and graphic designer. He studied art and design at Cooper School of Art in the Midwest and Middle East language and culture at Columbia University. He created and authors the Middle East culture blog, ilikum. Although an artist and designer, he uses a think tank-like process to guide the creative process by:
- Conducting research and identifying the landscape where brands function.
- Creating competitive reviews and trend projections that safeguard against brand parody, thus propelling brand uniqueness.
- Championing innovation and fun to fuel the creative development process.
- Engineering fluid portability that lets branding and promotion function in all media venues.
- Embedding inclusiveness and positive teamwork from beginning to end of project life.
- Using clear communications and problem solving that increases project efficiency.